Submit your film for DIFF 2017
The 11th-annual Dallas International Film Festival will be held March 30 to April 09, 2017. During the past 10 years, the Festival has featured the finest in U.S. and international cinema, including 1,687 films representing more than 50 countries, and has presented more than $740,000 in awards.
The Festival completed a successful 2016 run in April with 172 films, more than 170 screenings representing 31 countries and attendance of over 27,000.
2017 Festival Submission Deadlines are as follows (*all dates are POSTMARK deadlines):
Early: Friday, October 14, 2016
Regular: Friday, December 2, 2016
Late: Friday, December 16, 2016
Narrative Feature Competition
Documentary Feature Competition
Texas Feature Competition
Other film categories featured at the Festival are:
Deep Ellum Sounds (Music Films)
The Festival presents the following awards:
Grand Jury Prize — Narrative Feature
Grand Jury Prize — Documentary Feature
Grand Jury Prize — Texas Competition, presented by Panavision (winner receives a camera rental package valued at $30,000)
Grand Jury Prize – Short Film
Grand Jury Prize – Animated Short Film
Grand Jury Prize – Student Short Film
In 2017 the Audience Awards will be presented by the Arthur E. Benjamin Foundation. The award for Best Narrative Feature and Documentary Feature will carry a $2000 cash prize and Best Short film will receive $1000.
The recipients of the 2017 DIFF awards will receive MOVIE MAGIC Budgeting and Scheduling software bundles from Entertainment Partners.
Check back often as prizes for other competitions may be added at a later date.
- Premiere status is taken into consideration for every submission in each category strand with priority given to Dallas/Ft Worth Premieres, Southwest Premieres, US Premieres, North American Premieres, and World Premieres.
- In order for feature films to be considered for competition, a Dallas/Fort Worth Premiere is required.
- Films must not have had major theatrical release or US broadcast airing prior to the festival.
- Films must not have had DVD sales on the internet prior to April 7, 2017.
- More than one entry may be submitted. Each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form and entry fee.
- Films must be completed after February 1, 2016 in order to be considered for the 2017 DIFF.
- Work-in-progress submissions are accepted. Updated versions of a submission may be sent until January 11, 2017. After that date, DIFF is under no obligation to view any new version.
- If your film is selected, you will be asked to provide a digital press kit which includes: headshot and filmography of director, color and/or B&W stills from the film, screeners for press, and a video trailer (cleared for broadcast).
- If you choose to use Withoutabox’s secured online screener, the film must be uploaded by the application’s corresponding submission deadline in order to be considered. Your submission application will not be processed otherwise.
- All submission deadlines are POSTMARK deadlines.
- Any films submitted without a paid entry fee by the given deadline will be disqualified from the submission screening process.
- All film entries selected for the festival grant DIFF the rights to use footage, stills, titles and information from the film for promotional purposes.
- All filmmakers will be notified by (approximately) March 2, 2017 via email.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
DFS Members receive invitations to year-round films and events, reserved seats at screenings with our cultural partners and exclusive benefits at the Dallas International Film Festival.
Your support helps the DFS bring filmmakers to Dallas, offer year-round programming and provide educational events for future filmmakers.
We have a membership level for every budget. JOIN NOW! »
Friend us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google+
The 11th annual Dallas International Film Festival runs March 30-April 9, 2017.
Visit #DIFF2017 here! »