Submit your film for DIFF 2016
The 10th-annual Dallas International Film Festival will be held April 14 to 24, 2016. During the past nine years, the Festival has featured the finest in U.S. and international cinema, including 1,687 films representing more than 50 countries, and has presented more than $740,000 in awards.
2016 Festival Submission Deadlines are as follows (*all dates are POSTMARK deadlines):
Early: Friday, October 16, 2015
Regular: Friday, December 4, 2015
Late: Friday, December 11, 2015
Narrative Feature Competition
Documentary Feature Competition
Texas Feature Competition
Other film categories featured at the Festival are:
The Festival presents the following awards:
Grand Jury Prize — Narrative Feature
Grand Jury Prize — Documentary Feature
Grand Jury Prize — Texas Competition, presented by Panavision (winner receives a camera rental package valued at $30,000)
Grand Jury Prize – Short Film
Grand Jury Prize – Animated Short Film
Grand Jury Prize – Student Short Film
Silver Heart Award — Presented by the Embrey Family Foundation and bestowed on an individual or film for their dedication to fighting injustices and/or creating social change for the improvement of humanity. The Silver Heart Award receives a $10,000 cash prize courtesy of the Embrey Family Foundation.
Audience Awards: Best Narrative Feature, Best Documentary Feature, and Best Short Film
The recipients of the 2016 DIFF awards will receive MOVIE MAGIC Budgeting and Scheduling software bundles from Entertainment Partners.
Check back often as prizes for other competitions may be added at a later date.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- Feature film submissions must have a minimum running time of 60 minutes.
- Short film submissions may have a maximum running time of 25 minutes.
- Films with run times in between 25 and 60 minutes are not eligible for DIFF.
- All submissions must be submitted on DVD or with an online screener as directed in the application. (PAL region is accepted, but must be labeled as such on DVD.)
- Please note that if your Vimeo password changes, you must email email@example.com by January 8, 2016 with the new password, Vimeo link, film title and tracking number.
- All DVD submissions must be labeled with film title, running time and tracking number.
- Selected films must not have had major theatrical release or US broadcast prior to the Festival.
- Selected films must not have had DVD sales on the Internet prior to the Festival.
- In order for feature films to be considered for the competition, we require at least a Dallas-Fort Worth Premiere.
- Press kits are requested only upon acceptance into Festival.
- Films must be completed after February 1, 2015 in order to be considered for DIFF.
- Work-in-progress submissions are accepted. Updated versions of a submission may be sent until January 11, 2016. After that date, DIFF is under no obligation to view any new version.
- Screeners will not be returned. Please do not send originals or masters.
- All filmmakers will be notified by approximately March 17, 2016 via email.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
DFS Members receive invitations to year-round films and events, reserved seats at screenings with our cultural partners and exclusive benefits at the Dallas International Film Festival.
Your support helps the DFS bring filmmakers to Dallas, offer year-round programming and provide educational events for future filmmakers.
We have a membership level for every budget. JOIN NOW! »
Friend us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google+
The 10th annual Dallas International Film Festival runs April 14-24, 2016.
Visit #DIFF2016 here! »