Submit Your Film for DIFF 2013
Submissions for the 2014 DIFF will open in mid-July. Check back here for instructions on how to submit.
One of MovieMaker magazine’s “25 Festivals Worth the Entry Fee,” the 7th-annual Dallas International Film Festival will be held April 4 to April 14, 2013. During the past six years, the Festival has featured the finest in U.S. and international cinema, including 1,163 films representing more than 50 countries, and has presented more than $440,000 in awards.
2013 Festival Submission Deadlines are as follows (*all dates are POSTMARK deadlines):
Early: Friday, October 26, 2012
Regular: Friday, December 7, 2012
Late: Friday, December 14, 2012
Narrative Feature Competition
Documentary Feature Competition
Texas Feature Competition
Other film categories featured at the Festival are:
International Spotlight: Italy
The Festival presents the following awards:
Grand Jury Prize — Narrative Feature (winner receives a $10,000 unrestricted cash prize)
Grand Jury Prize — Documentary Feature (winner receives a $10,000 unrestricted cash prize)
Grand Jury Prize — Texas Competition
Grand Jury Prize – Short Film
Grand Jury Prize – Animated Short Film
Grand Jury Prize – Student Short Film
Silver Heart Award — Presented by the Embrey Family Foundation, this $10,000 cash prize is bestowed on an individual or film for their dedication to fighting injustices and/or creating social change for the improvement of humanity.
Audience Awards: Best Narrative Feature, Best Documentary Feature, and Best Short Film
Check back often as prizes for other competitions may be added at a later date.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- Feature film submissions must have a minimum running time of 60 minutes.
- Short film submissions may have a maximum running time of 25 minutes.
- All submissions must be submitted on DVD or Withoutabox online secured screener only. (PAL region is accepted, but must be labeled as such on DVD.)
- All DVD submissions must be labeled with film title, running time and Withoutabox tracking number.
- Selected films must not have had major theatrical release or US broadcast prior to the Festival.
- Selected films must not have had DVD sales on the Internet prior to the Festival.
- In order for feature films to be considered for the competition, we require at least a Dallas-Fort Worth Premiere.
- Press kits are requested only upon acceptance into Festival.
- Films must be completed after February 1, 2012 in order to be considered for the 2013 DIFF.
- Work-in-progress submissions are accepted. Updated versions of a submission may be sent until January 14, 2013. After that date, DIFF is under no obligation to view any new version.
- Screeners will not be returned. Please do not send originals or masters.
- All filmmakers will be notified by (approximately) March 8, 2013 via email.
For more information please contact email@example.com.
DFS Members receive invitations to year-round films and events, reserved seats at screenings with our cultural partners and exclusive benefits at the Dallas International Film Festival.
Your support helps the DFS bring filmmakers to Dallas, offer year-round programming and provide educational events for future filmmakers.
We have a membership level for every budget. JOIN NOW! »
Friend us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google+
The 9th annual Dallas International Film Festival is scheduled for April 9-19, 2015. Festival Passes are available now! We will update the site with information on Festival venues and screenings in March 2015.
Revisit the films and events of the 2014 Festival here! »