2017 DIFF Guest Services Manager Position
POSITION: Guest Services Manager
DATE OF EMPLOYMENT: February 15th – April 14th, 2017
SUPERVISOR: Artistic Director, Senior Programmer, Director of Operations
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put the job you are inquiring about in the subject line
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fulfilling travel and accommodation arrangements for all visiting DIFF delegates, filmmakers, panelists, press and VIP’s as requested. All these with the supervision and final approval of the Artistic Director, Senior Programmer and Director of Operations.
- Work in conjunction with the State Department and all necessary consulates and embassies to facilitate all filmmaker travel details for our official international attendees.
- Supervise the accreditation process for the DIFF filmmakers and guests
- Supervise the development and implementation of the Filmmaker luncheons and parties, with the Sponsorship Director, Festival Producer and the Operations Department.
- Manage and supervise the filmmaker ticket requests with the Box Office Manager.
- Manage and supervise the Filmmaker Services presence at the DIFF including the dissemination of all correspondence to filmmakers during the festival regarding festival activities and travel.
- Coordinate with Sponsorship and Marketing on the DIFF Filmmaker bags, including the Hospitality Sponsor entitlements, the information content, and dissemination and email communications
- Coordinate filmmaker requests and alert them to special event and reception packages to be coordinated through the Special Events Producer
- Supervise the Filmmaker Desk at DIFF and manage volunteer staff with the department.
- Finalize all billing, invoices, refunds and reimbursements, etc., for filmmaker travel just before and just after the film festival (March 30 – April 9, 2017). Schedule a meeting with Director of Operations to go over all reimbursements prior to departure.
- Maintain the Guest Travel database and create detailed reports of all travel fulfilled, including keeping on file paper receipts of any and all airline tickets booked online, through a travel agent or via phone. If the Director’s credit card is used to secure any travel arrangements, receipts are required for any amount charged to his card and must be provided with a copy of the ticket or description of charge to the Director of Operations within one week of the charge being made.
- Report to the Director of Operations, Artistic Director and the Senior Programmer on specific issues as needed.
- Provide a comprehensive wrap report and turn in to Director of Operations during the staff report which will take place a few days before employment is complete.
- All job specific reports and files must be organized and turned in to Operations department on or before the final day of employment.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must have excellent computer skills – Word, Excel, Filemaker Pro
- Must have strong writing skills and be detailed oriented
- Must be able to work independently and take imitative
- Knowledge of international travel procedures
- Foreign language a plus
DFS Members receive invitations to year-round films and events, reserved seats at screenings with our cultural partners and exclusive benefits at the Dallas International Film Festival.
Your support helps the DFS bring filmmakers to Dallas, offer year-round programming and provide educational events for future filmmakers.
We have a membership level for every budget. JOIN NOW! »
Friend us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google+
Filmmaker interviews, photos and stories from the Festival!
Visit #DIFF2017 here! »