Internships & Jobs
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the team.
Are you detailed orientated, organized and love film? The Dallas Film Society offers ongoing (unpaid) internships each semester to college students seeking credit, knowledge and experience. All positions include researching, assisting staff, attending DFS events and, in the spring, working at the Dallas International Film Festival. Applicants must be at college level or higher.
SPRING INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a short cover letter stating the position they are interested in, and detailing their skills, experience and desire to work for the Film Society to Michele Goodson at email@example.com or fax to 214-720-0551.
Qualifications for all internship applicants
- Computer savvy, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of basic office etiquette.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Flexible schedule.
- Candidates must be proactive and detailed oriented.
- Strong interest in learning about films, the film industry, and film festivals.
- Working towards degree in film preferred, but not required.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNS
Reports to: DIFF Publications and Digital Media Manager
Hours: 10-15 per week.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a short cover letter stating the position they are interested in, and detailing their skills, experience and desire to work for the Dallas Film Society to Jessica Tomberlin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- College degree or students currently enrolled in an accredited college program preferred, but not required
- Working towards degree in film, media, advertising, marketing or communications a plus
- Strong working knowledge of ALL social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat are a MUST
- Flexible Schedule. Should be available to cover Festival screenings and events. (This position would require some night and weekend hours during the two weeks of the Festival March 30-April 9)
- Ability to act courteous and professional while interacting with staff, filmmakers, talent, and festival-goers in accordance with Festival protocol
- Must have excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Candidates should be detail-oriented, organized and quick-learners
SPONSORSHIP (TWO POSITIONS)
Dates: August-December or January-April
Reports to: Sponsorship & Development Associate
Hours per week: 10-15
- Responsible for helping maintain the sponsorship database.
- Good Excel and Word skills with access to Microsoft Office
- Manage and organize sponsorship deliverables for benefits fulfillment (email benefits checklists to sponsors and manage/organize the incoming items)
- Skilled using Adobe Illustrator or similar program to manipulate sponsor logos
- Needs to be detail-oriented with good proof-reading skills
- Needs to be available to work event screenings, mostly in the evenings
MEMBERSHIP, EDUCATION AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH INTERNS (THREE POSITIONS)
Reports to: Director of Membership, Education & Outreach
Hours per week: 10-15
- Needs to be highly detail orientated and organized
- Good Excel and Word skills with access to Microsoft Office
- Skilled using Adobe Illustrator to create membership calendar and cards
- Manage and organize new memberships (create welcome letters and database)
- Needs to be available to work event screenings, High School Roundtables and other educational events
- Must have great communication and verbal skills
- We are looking for someone who is outgoing, customer-service orientated and has a positive attitude
Festival jobs are seasonal, contract positions that end at the conclusion of the event. Jobs will be posted as they become available.
Festival Social Media Coordinator
Reports to: Festival Digital Marketing & Publications Manager
Hours: Part-time minimal hours leading up to the festival, but should be prepared to work a minimum of 20 hours per week during two weeks of the Festival. This position will also require some night & weekend hours during that time. (March 30-April 9)
This position includes a paid stipend. Interested candidates should submit a resume and a short cover letter that states the position they are interested in, and details their skills, experience and desire to work for the Dallas Film Society to Jessica Tomberlin at email@example.com
- Expertise in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat a must with strong working knowledge of ALL social media platforms
- Experience in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations or Communications practices preferred, but not required
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- College degree or students currently enrolled in an accredited college program
- Great written & verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, organized, creative thinker who loves film, the film industry, film festivals and social media
- Ability to manage multiple projects; work independently and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous events-based marketing related internship or work experience a plus, but not required
Assistant to Membership, Education & Outreach
Dates: Seasonal, Full Time 2/1/17—4/14/2017
Department: Membership, Education & Outreach
Supervisor: Education & Community Outreach Coordinator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work independently and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Constant Contact, and Google Docs
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Posses a good sense of humor
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with Sponsorship, Box Office, Volunteer and Programming departments to ensure members and community partners receive all their benefits during the festival.
- Assist coordinator in planning and implementation of special events such as High School Day, High School Roundtables etc. during festival
- Help to program and facilitate High School/College Shorts Showcase during DIFF
- Assist with Membership processing, tracking, and screening events
- Coordinate with Programming on partner organization regarding sponsored screenings
- Process Auction donations for partner organizations
- Capture all pertinent passholder information, making sure that reports at the end of the festival will include the proper information.
- Troubleshoot any problems with DIFF passes with help of Box Office Manager, Membership Director, Sponsorship, Guest Services Manager, and Operations Team
- Provide a comprehensive wrap report to supervisor during your exit interview, which will take place a few days before employment is complete.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift during the festival
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
CURRENT STAFF OPENINGS
Jobs will be posted as they become available.
The Dallas Film Society, in accordance with applicable federal and state law, is an equal-opportunity employer that seeks a globally representative staff with at least a modicum amount of knowledge of the regional film landscape. The Dallas Film Society particularly welcomes applications from women and diverse ethnicities. The Film Society does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy/childbirth, medical condition, disability, age, ancestry, marital status, citizenship or veteran status. This nondiscrimination policy covers all staff members, interns and volunteers.
DFS Members receive invitations to year-round films and events, reserved seats at screenings with our cultural partners and exclusive benefits at the Dallas International Film Festival.
Your support helps the DFS bring filmmakers to Dallas, offer year-round programming and provide educational events for future filmmakers.
We have a membership level for every budget. JOIN NOW! »
Friend us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google+
The 10th annual Dallas International Film Festival runs April 14-24, 2016.
Visit #DIFF2016 here! »