Internships & Jobs
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the team.
Are you detailed orientated, organized and love film? The Dallas Film Society offers ongoing (unpaid) internships each semester to college students seeking credit, knowledge and experience. All positions include researching, assisting staff, attending DFS events and, in the spring, working at the Dallas International Film Festival. Applicants must be at college level or higher.
SPRING INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a short cover letter stating the position they are interested in, and detailing their skills, experience and desire to work for the Film Society to Alyssa Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 214.720.0551.
- Needs to be highly detail orientated and organized
- Good Excel and Word skills with access to Microsoft Office
- Skilled using Adobe Illustrator to create membership calendar and cards
- Create invitations to members-only screenings
- Manage RSVPs for members-only screenings
- Manage and organize new memberships (create welcome letters and database)
- Needs to be available to work event screenings on some evenings
- Must have great communication and verbal skills
- We are looking for someone who has a positive attitude, outgoing, customer service orientated and personable
Interns assist Programming Department with various tasks throughout the different phases leading up to DIFF. Other duties include helping work at one-off screenings and year-round events.
Goals for Programming Interns include understanding how the film festival circuit works and how it relates to the film industry, learning the basics of event programming and what elements go into planning a film festival, as well as gaining a better appreciate for the work and art of films and filmmaking.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Support department during submission and call for entry process
- Research films, programs, film schools, filmmakers, and other film festivals
- Create reports based on research
- Burn and ship DVDs as needed
- Assist other DIFF departments as needed and directed by Programming Department
- Assist DFS at various year-round screenings and events as directed
- Assist in organizing the Programming Office
- Assist Programming Dept. in transition from festival mode to planning
- Answer Programming-related phone calls
Festival jobs are seasonal, contract positions that end at the conclusion of the event. Jobs will be posted as they become available.
CURRENT STAFF OPENINGS
Jobs will be posted as they become available.
The Dallas Film Society, in accordance with applicable federal and state law, is an equal-opportunity employer that seeks a globally representative staff with at least a modicum amount of knowledge of the regional film landscape. The Dallas Film Society particularly welcomes applications from women and diverse ethnicities. The Film Society does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy/childbirth, medical condition, disability, age, ancestry, marital status, citizenship or veteran status. This nondiscrimination policy covers all staff members, interns and volunteers.
DFS Members receive invitations to year-round films and events, reserved seats at screenings with our cultural partners and exclusive benefits at the Dallas International Film Festival.
Your support helps the DFS bring filmmakers to Dallas, offer year-round programming and provide educational events for future filmmakers.
We have a membership level for every budget. JOIN NOW! »
Friend us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google+
The 10th annual Dallas International Film Festival runs April 14-24, 2016.
Visit #DIFF2016 here! »