Internships & Jobs
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the team.
Are you detailed orientated, organized and love film? The Dallas Film Society offers ongoing (unpaid) internships each semester to college students seeking credit, knowledge and experience. All positions include researching, assisting staff, attending DFS events and, in the spring, working at the Dallas International Film Festival. Applicants must be at college level or higher.
SPRING INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a short cover letter stating the position they are interested in, and detailing their skills, experience and desire to work for the Film Society to Renee Contreras at email@example.com or fax to 214.720.0551.
DIGITAL & SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
- Needs to be detail orientated and organized
- Needs exceptional familiarity with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Periscope and Snapchat...especially Snapchat!
- Comfortable using blogging software and with blogging practices
- Familiarity with email campaign platforms like Constant Contact and Mailchimp, or willingness to learn
- Must be available for the Dallas International Film Festival dates, April 14-24
- Must be available at least two-three days during the week from now until the festival (flexible hours)
- Must have own transportation
- Must have exceptional communication and verbal skills
- Must be creative and able to generate ideas for social media campaigns and contests
- Basic photography and videography skills are a plus
Festival jobs are seasonal, contract positions that end at the conclusion of the event. Jobs will be posted as they become available.
CURRENT STAFF OPENINGS
Jobs will be posted as they become available.
The Dallas Film Society, in accordance with applicable federal and state law, is an equal-opportunity employer that seeks a globally representative staff with at least a modicum amount of knowledge of the regional film landscape. The Dallas Film Society particularly welcomes applications from women and diverse ethnicities. The Film Society does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy/childbirth, medical condition, disability, age, ancestry, marital status, citizenship or veteran status. This nondiscrimination policy covers all staff members, interns and volunteers.
DFS Members receive invitations to year-round films and events, reserved seats at screenings with our cultural partners and exclusive benefits at the Dallas International Film Festival.
Your support helps the DFS bring filmmakers to Dallas, offer year-round programming and provide educational events for future filmmakers.
We have a membership level for every budget. JOIN NOW! »
Friend us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google+
The 9th annual Dallas International Film Festival has come and gone, but you can still find your favorite films and filmmakers in our archive.
Revisit #DIFF2015 here! »